Friday, November 03, 2006

My new Band Crush


I call these two songs a million times a day just to hear the sounds of their voices. I Google them and read all their MySpace comments. I’m willing to ignore the fact that I don’t really LOVE all the other songs by this band, and that they aren't all kid friendly. When my dad says this music is fluff and no good for me, I say he totally doesn’t understand and I slam my bedroom door and call them again. Cha. It IS deep and beautiful. And Heck! There’s a UKULELE!!! Like all the music that gets me bothered these days. I know we’re going to get married and have gorgeous musical children and live in a beautiful treble clef shaped house with topiaries shaped like instruments.

Or maybe tomorrow I’ll be listening to the Blow again.

But these songs are pretty stunning:

Bishop Allen - Butterfly Nets - From the EP May
Bishop Allen – Like Castanets - From the EP September

And WHY OH WHY I thought I was going to be the only person in the world that stupid new ezarchive thing was suddenly going to work for? I tried it and it seemed to work, but alas... New links that should work put in on Saturday PM.

Check out Bishop Allen and buy some.

--deb in sf

2 comments:

Zach said...

Those MP3 links don't work.

deb in sf said...

Thanks, Zach. Try the new ones....