Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Teddybears are Cute!

Their name just screams kid-friendly right?

Teddybears Sthlm (Stockholm) are from the land of Ikea and they make dance punk, an admittedly niche genre my kid loves. I believe they have dropped the Sthlm in the States.

For all I know this Mad Cobra tune has some nasty contents but I can't tell and I suspect your kids can't either. And the chorus is so dang digable. And the punk rocker song with straight-facing Iggy on vocals? Man, it don't get any mo better than that for a driving dancerific head banging tune. These are just fun. "Cobrastyle" is from last year (I think) and was used in a mess of commericals. Joakim Ã…hlund, guitarist of this band, is also guitarist in the Caesars, another commerical (as in television commercial) friendly band. Maybe I need to write about them on The Commerical Music Blog... hmmm.

Teddybears Sthlm with Mad Cobra, "Cobrastyle"
Teddybears Sthlm with Iggy Pop, "I'm A Punk Rocker"

Bonus Track:

The Caesars, "Jerk It Out"

Check out the shiny suits!





More about: Teddybears Sthlm

* * * *

And you probably saw this as it was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. It's good for a lark, but I do not recommend this album, just a quick viewing of one or two of the videos is all one needs if you ask me. Animated faux-U2 sings "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes."

0 comments: