Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday came too soon. Don't get me wrong, I love the weekend, the relaxing two hour breakfasts, the fun little kiddle activities, the endless birthday parties... and this weekend is our neighborhood Chili Cook-Off. Yep, my neighborhood has a neighborhood Chili Cook-Off. And I only live 11 minutes from downtown, or so I keep reminding myself when I feel like I live in the nether reaches of the burbs. Now I haven't eaten meat in the last two months, but there are five pounds of pork butt in my fridge. I'm taking it this year.

Update on my life for all you keeping track:

* My kid is gonna stay at the school she's at and do kindergarten there. Yes, it's a private school. For one year, only, we hope. Send the hate mail on in, I deserve it.

* My book comes out in four days. You can pre-order it now. Now. And if you are the proud owner of a blog that reviews books on occasion and has an audience of parental types, let me know. I'll pass on your address to my publisher and get a book to you.

* I'll be eating meat this weekend.

Here's just two songs for the road. Kick out the jams--

Yann Tomita, "Doopee Time"
The Vandals, "Supercalifragilisticexpealodotious"

Was that one on the nationally televised spelling bee finals?? Because if so, I think I just lost.

0 comments: