Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hey Mister

My daughter has been walking around going, "Hey Mister, you're fired" in this weird New Jersey accent. We're unsure of where both the accent and the phrase came from as we are fairly certain she hasn't been watching The Apprentice. Here are some Mister songs, many I have posted before, but still.

Optigonally Yours, "Mr. Wilson"
Such a good song for the kids, this is one of Rob Crow's previous bands.

Asylum Street Spankers, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
A great cover of a great song, no matter the season. FYI, the Spankers are holding a contest, asking fans to create a video for their latest CD. Winner takes a $1000.

The Kinks, "Mr. Songbird"
One of my favorite bands, ever. Top 5 for sure. You can't beat this jolly upbeat 2 and a half minutes of sweetness.

The Mr. T Experience, "Spiderman"
Now is the time to take another look at this 80s era punk band since singer Frank Portman has written the best "young adult" book of 2006, King Dork. (Oh crap, one of my favorite books, young adult or not, I highly recommend!)

Styx, "Mr. Roboto"
Domo arigato. My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain IBM. Man they makes me giggle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She deffinately has been watching THE APPRENTICE!!! That is too cute!

I am visiting from MMTaM.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.