Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Why

Okay well here goes, my first official post. But first, I'd like to say a few words about why. (Besides the obvious "I like to hear myself talk - or write - because I'm so very self absorbed.") I have a kid, she's four, and she has genuine taste, mostly good, occasionally bad. She discerns whether she likes music on the same criteria as most of us: is it pleasing to her ear, can she sing along, can she bob her head in a rhythmic way. Sure, if all I put in front of her was the Wiggles, or Barney or geez, Disney Princess songs, she may just love them all. But if I give her options, real honest to goodness music that our whole family can enjoy, she (mostly) picks the good stuff. So here I was totally lurking around other mp3 blogs and sort of wanting in and then it hit me. This. I can offer up music that the whole family can enjoy. Kids music that adults can dig, adult music that kids can dig and voila, we've got family music. Now, that's the why. On with the music...

1 comments:

About Health Blog said...

But if I give her options, real honest to goodness music that our whole family can enjoy.!!!